Swift Current Museum Re-Opening Plan
The Swift Current Museum will be re-opening to the public as of Monday, August 24, 2020.
Public viewing hours will be Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. We will be closed Saturdays and Sundays.
Only self guided viewing of our temporary and main galleries will be available. Education programs, meetings, events, receptions, and guided tour programming are currently on hold, pending pandemic conditions.
FACILITY GUIDELINES & RESTRICTIONS:
- Masks will be mandatory for staff and patrons three years old and up. Patrons are strongly encouraged to bring their own masks, but we will have disposable masks available for people who are not able to bring their own. In addition, the museum shop will offer re-usable masks for sale. All visitors over 3 years old are required to wear a mask. Masks are available onsite at no cost – please see the front desk.
- Plexiglass barriers for staff service desks will be in place.
- 2 metres (6 feet) of physical distancing between all individuals (visitors and staff) will be mandatory. Physical distancing indicators are present on the museum’s floors for reference. Keep 2 meters away from others and wait your turn to visit an exhibit. Always keep your group together and keep children within reach. Groups of 6+ may be asked to split into smaller groups.
- Hand washing frequently will be encouraged and available in public washrooms. Hand sanitizer will be available. Washrooms will be checked hourly for cleanliness.
- Building Occupancy Limits: Current Provincial limits on building occupancy will be enforced.
- Illness: Patrons will be instructed not to enter the building if they are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms. Patrons observed by staff to have symptoms will be asked to leave.
- All outgoing purchases from the museum shop will be packaged in a single-use bag. Reusable bags will be discouraged, and staff will not be allowed to touch patron’s reusable bags
- Regular disinfecting of commonly touched surfaces. Checklist to be completed on a half-hourly schedule.
- No Food or Drink: As always, food and drink are not permitted in the museum. NOTE: There is no seating area in the lobby at this time so snacks will have to be enjoyed outside. Please use our picnic table on the east side of the building.
- You will be asked for your contact information. Your information will not be used for promotional purposes and will only be shared with the Health Authority if required. No entry without providing this information.
- The south side of the museum is entrance only and the north is exit only. You will be asked to explore the galleries by following marked routes.
- Bring your own: We encourage all patrons to bring their own masks, strollers and wheelchairs.
Public Washrooms: One person or family will be allowed in public washrooms at a time. Commonly touched surfaces will be disinfected on an hourly basis with a more thorough cleaning 3x per day.
The washroom cleaning schedule, and a notice that people use the washrooms at their own risk, will be posted on washroom doors.
The public washrooms will become all gender / family washrooms with a deadbolt on the outside wooden door that indicates whether it is occupied or available.
We will follow best practices as we progress with reference to guidelines and standards as set by the province in information sources such as: https://pubsaskdev.blob.core.windows.net/pubsask-prod/119651/Re-Open%252BSaskatchewan%252B-%252BJuly%252B21.pdf