Skating in the crisp air of the prairie evening is a true winter pleasure. The thrill of the season echoes throughout Swift Current when the six outdoor ice facilities open. Generally, the outdoor rinks are open December until mid-February, weather permitting.
Most locations have 2 ice surfaces: one large and enclosed surface, and one smaller and open surface. When public skating is scheduled for the large surface, hockey will take place on the smaller surface, and vice versa.
The regular hours of use incorporate times for recreational hockey and public skating. There is no charge for rink usage during regular supervised hours.
2021/2022 Schedule Information:
Outdoor Rinks are open for the season!
- Outdoor Rink Buildings & Washrooms will close at 8:30pm Monday - Friday and at 4:30pm Saturday & Sunday.
- Due to a special event, the Sheldon Kennedy Outdoor Rink will be closed the following:
- Friday, January 28th: Large Ice Surface closed. Small rink and Crokicurl will remain open
- Saturday, January 29th: Both ice surfaces and Crokicurl Closed
In 2021 we added the first Crokicurl Rink in our community! The Crokicurl Rink is located next to Sheldon Kennedy Rink in picturesque Riverdene Park. Crokicurl is a rapidly growing winter sport that is a hybrid between curling and crokinole. All the required equipment, including scorecards, will be waiting for you at the rink.
Crokicurl Registration Information:
- Registration is available online. CLICK HERE to register.
- Bookings are available during regular Outdoor Rink Hours and are free of charge
- Bookings are in 55 minute increments – allowing for cleaning time between bookings
- When registering, only one person in the group needs to register, and the registration will be under their name.
- Please book only 1 time slot at a time to allow others the chance to book and play (don’t book 2 hours back to back).
CLICK HERE for more information on play, COVID-19 Protocols and Guidelines and a Crokicurl Q&A.
For more information, contact Community Services at 306-778-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The outdoor rink facilities include:
Sheldon Kennedy Rink
Located in Riverdene Park at 1130 North Hill Drive in Riverdene Park, this 180' by 80' rink has washrooms and an indoor heated rest area.
Located next to the Sheldon Kennedy Rink, in Riverdene Park is the Crokicurl Rink.
Located at 267 3rd Avenue SE, this 180' by 77' rink features washrooms and an indoor heated rest area.
North Hill Rink
Located in ACT Park at 700 4th Avenue NE, this 180' by 80' has washrooms and an indoor heated rest area.
Located in Westside Park on the corner of 3rd Avenue NW and Herbert Street W, this 180' by 80' rink features washrooms and an indoor heated rest area.
Located in Highland Park at 510 Maxwell Drive, this asphalt-based rink is 180' by 84'. Washrooms and an indoor heated rest area are located on the premises.
Cypress Point Rink - Located at Cypress Point, this 53' by 50' rink has no washrooms or change facilities, and is an unsupervised rink.