- The City of Swift Current operates its own water and electric service.
- Arrangements for receiving these services are made through the Customer Service Desk at City Hall (Customer Service Representative - 306-778-2731).
- According to bylaw a deposit must be paid prior to receiving any utility services with the City of Swift Current.
- As a utility customer you must permit service personnel to enter your home/business to perform such work as is required to maintain your utility services.
- Residential and commercial customers are requested to keep clear access to meters (both located inside and outside the premises) for the purpose of servicing of the meters. There needs to be adequate space around the meter so that removal for repairs or replacement may be carried out easily and without damage to existing walls or structures.
- If service personnel are not able to access the meter for a service call, a card will be left for you to contact the City of Swift Current.
- When an actual meter read can not be obtained, an estimate will be used and indicated on your bill by an "e" on that service line.
Electric and Water Meters
- Although the electric and water meters are owned by the City of Swift Current, it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the meter is protected from damage and in the case of water meters, freezing.
- Repair costs as a result of neglect may be charged to the customer.
- Regular meter repairs, maintenance, and replacements are carried out by City personnel during regular business hours at no cost to the customer.
- For a water meter the shut-off valve is located below the water meter and is the responsibility of the customer. These valves must be kept in proper working order to allow the water to be turned off for repairs, maintenance, or a water leak in the building.
- As per bylaw all utility bills will be charged a recycling fee.
- Waste water charges make up a portion of your water rates.
- Solid waste per residential dwelling fees are included on your utility bill.
- Base charges for both electric and water, as well as garbage and recycling fees, are prorated by number of days for new and terminated services.
- Services are billed once a month (12 billings per year).
- Both electric and water services are billed according to actual usage based on readings obtained from your metered service.
Note: The agreement between the City and the Rural Municipality of Swift Current for the provision of water is available upon request.
- For utility connections, disconnections and transfer of utility services, set-up of Preauthorized Payment Plan (PAP), call 306-778-2731
- General inquiries and account payments, call 306-778-2701, 306-778-2702
- For concerns regarding your metering, call 306-778-2770.
- In the event of water problems call, 306-778-2748 during regular business hours or for emergency water situations after hours and/or on weekends call, 306-778-2789.