On March 18, 2020, the Government of Saskatchewan declared a provincial State of Emergency, giving the government broad powers to address the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The City of Swift Current takes the health and safety of its citizens and employees very seriously. During the global COVID-19 pandemic we have adjusted our regular procedures and operations in order to maintain health and safety within our work environment and throughout our facilities while working within the Government of Saskatchewan's public health orders. We continue to strive to provide great service and programming to our residents as we all work through this pandemic together.
Staying Safe & Healthy
There are a few hygiene measures you can take to help protect the spread of viruses such as coronavirus.
- wash your hands frequently using soap and water, and scrub for at least 20 seconds
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- cough and sneeze into your sleeve/elbow and not your hands
- stay home if you are not feeling well to avoid spreading illness to others
- maintain physical distancing of two metres and avoiding large groups
Call HealthLine 811 if you have recently travelled and are experiencing respiratory or flu-like symptoms.
Learn more about COVID-19 including symptoms, treatment and how to protect yourself.
COVID-19 App and tools
Saskatchewan residents have access to a variety of online tools and resources to help prevent COVID-19 transmission and protect themselves and their families.
1. COVID Alert
3. Resources - Find links to community and national resources