Located on Highway #1 East, past the Ponderosa Trailer Court on the grid road.
Landfill regular hours:
Monday to Saturday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm *gate closes at 4:45pm for last loads
Click here for: Landfill Holiday Closures
Charge to Account (see below)
The City of Swift Current Landfill charges disposal fees for use of the site which can can be viewed or printed for your use. Please note that unsecured loads are subject to fees. The gate closes at 4:45pm in order to facilitate emptying last loads.
2020 Landfill Fees (Effective January 1, 2020)
Please note the residential rate is$10/load, unless over 500kg. Loads over 500kg will be charged by weight.
Please also note 2020 commercial rate $100/tonne. UNSECURED LOADS are subject to additional handling fees.
Landfill staff reserves the right to reject materials that pose safety concerns.
Materials such as plastic pipe and wood >1 inch thickness may not exceed 6 feet in length, as they pose a safety risk to staff and equipment when compacting. (Diverted clean wood and trees do not have length restrictions because the equipment does not travel across these materials)
View the Acceptable Fill, Concrete and Other Aggregate Specifications for disposal of concrete and other aggregates.
Do you need to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste? See HERE FOR DETAILS!
Commercial Accounts: Commercial users must either pay in cash or apply for an account with monthly billing - subject to processing and approval. Please note new accounts can take up to one business day to process.
Print and complete: Landfill Account Application and choose ONE of the following options:
- Hand in completed application to the scalehouse operator at East Landfill. (paper copies of application also available for pick-up)
- Fax completed application to: 306-773-9386
- Scan completed application and email to email@example.com
- Mail completed application to the City of Swift Current Infrastructure & Operations Department at P.O. Box 340, Swift Current, SK S9H 3W1.
- Hand in completed application to Customer Service at City Hall (paper copies of the application also available for pick-up)
West of the City of Swift Current, there is another landfill that is for commercial and industrial use only, which accepts contaminated soils and asbestos. The West Landfill does not accept residential or household waste.
For additional information regarding landfills contact 306-778-2767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.