The Yard Waste Program operates at the landfill year-round and at our community sites, while weather permits, for our residents only. (No Commercial Yard Waste permitted)
From April 27th 2019 to November 5th 2019, weather pending
Locations for FREE disposal
- Southside - former St. Joseph’s School site, on Dahl Street
- Northside - Innovation Credit Union i-Plex Parking Lot
- Landfill open Mon - Sat 8am-5pm (last loads in by 4:45pm)
Hours of Operation at Sites:
- Tuesday and Thursday Evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 pm
- Friday Afternoons from 12:00 to 4:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- CLOSED on Sundays that fall on a Statutory Weekend
System of disposal:
Separate bays for greater ease of disposal, right at ground level
IMPORTANT: Arriving prepared and emptying contents
1. Separate wood/branches from organic yard waste BEFORE you leave your home. Come prepared to empty any bags you may have used to transport your yard waste.
Weeds, soil, plant matter, flowers, leaves & grass clippings, wood chips, fibre plant containers, brown paper yard bags, and thin sticks < 1/4”diameter or less, are allowed in yard waste bay.
NO PLASTIC BAGS, no biodegradable bags, no pots, nor non-compostible materials and NO ANIMAL WASTE
ACCEPTABLE WOOD TRIMMINGS
Branches - thickness between 1/4 and 8 inch diameter or less, are allowed to be stockpiled onsite.
Please transport oversized branches to Landfill wood pile; please note that charges WILL apply.
Branches over 8-inch diameter are subject to landfill fees to cover costs associated with grinding the material.
No lumber, pallets, painted, stained or treated wood – these items go to the landfill.
2. Follow attendant’s direction for parking and unloading at the sites.
3. Empty the contents of bags and containers into the bays and adhere to the instructions given by the attendant.
The City Landfill also has a FREE Yard Waste and Branch disposal area, open Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, year-round. (last loads must be in by 4:45pm) Please comply with these specifications:
- Empty the contents of yard waste bags as directed by landfill attendant, for FREE disposal (for residents only) all year long.
- Bagged yard waste will be subject to applicable fees, so it pays to de-bag your yard waste!
- Dispose of branches under 8 inches in diameter for FREE (for residents only), as directed by landfill attendant.
- Oversized branches over 8 inches in diameter are subject to fees, from a minimum of $10/load and up.
- Fees applied by scale operator are final.
- Commercial source yard waste and tree branches are not included in this program.