The City of Swift Current offers a Bulk Water Station for dispensing potable water, for rural users and industry.
It is located at 565 North Service Road West.
How does it work?
You must have an active account to use the bulk water station (see below questions to set one up), and use an RFID (radio frequency identification) card to dispense bulk water. You will need a 3 inch female camlock fitting to connect to the truck fill station. Follow the instructions on the display. Bring your potable water tank and fill it. No chemical residue allowed in the tanks or on hoses.
What is the cost?
Rates change with rural water utility every year - for current rates please see: City and Rural Water Rates
How do I pay?
You must set up an account at City Hall, and pre-pay.
Please note that coin operation is no longer available at the truck fill station. The operation has changed to RFID (radio frequency identification) cards that work much like a hotel room card - they are programmed to your account!
NEW ACCOUNTS: Please see "how do I set up an account?" below.
EXISTING ACCOUNTS: your RFID cards will be mailed to you, enclosed with a welcome letter explaining the new process.
How do I add funds to my card?
Accounts are pre-pay only. Contact us either by phone (using credit card) at 306-778-2701 or in person at the cashier's desks at City Hall.
How do I set up an account?
You have options for safe, zero-contact set up!
1. Clink this link for a completely online application, one easy step: Online Bulk Water Account Application
2. Print and fill out this form: Truck Fill Printable Account App then either scan it or take a good quality photo of it and either:
- email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- fax 306-778-2194 OR
- drop off in-person or in the overnight deposit box at City Hall, 177-1st Ave NE. OR,
- mail it to City of Swift Current, ATTN: Finance, Box 340 Swift Current SK, S9H 3W1.
When will I get my RFID card?
You will receive your RFID card(s) in the mail, at the address you provided in your application. If you have an existing account - you will be mailed an RFID card automatically without having to apply for it. Please allow 7 - 10 business days for processing.
Who do I contact for more information?
Please email questions to: email@example.com