The group functions to advise and support City Council in expressing their policies for the orderly management of growth and development in the City by preparing land use plans, editing or creating bylaws, and drafting policies. The group also undertakes preparation of city-wide and long range planning policies and strategies to guide future community development.
Through active community and stakeholder engagement, the Planning group work to understand the values of the community, and reflect those values through the implementation of development policies, programs, bylaws and standards used to review and process applications.
You will find information on the Municipal Development Plan, Zoning, Subdivision, and Concept Plans here
- Municipal Development Plan
- Zoning and Development Services
- Future Growth and Concept Plans
- Zoning Bylaw Text or Map Amendments
- Discretionary Use Approvals
- Minor Variances
- Street and Facility Naming
- Certificate of Compliance
- Development Appeals