In accordance with the Municipal Development Plan, Concept Plans are prepared as a pro-active approach to planning in the Swift Current region. These plans provide a framework for growth by identifying future land uses, major road networks, and other challenges and opportunities for growth in the specified areas.
Concept Plans generally identify:
- Background and history of development in the area
- Opportunities and challenges for development
- Environmental and heritage features
- Existing and proposed land uses
- The density of proposed development
- Existing and proposed infrastructure and services
- Phasing of development
Sector Plans - Overarching development strategies for large areas of land.
Concept Plans - Detailed direction for development of small areas of land ranging between 16 and 64 hectares.
- Munro Industrial Park Concept Plan
- Elmwood Community Concept Plan
- Springs Valley Concept Plan
- Creekside Commercial Plan
- Neighbourhood #2 Concept Plan - NE Urban Expansion Area
- St. Joseph School Concept Plan
- The Heights Neighbourhood Concept Plan
Plans in Progress
- Hillcrest Commercial Concept Plan
- St. Patrick School Infill Plan