The mandate of the Development Services group is to facilitate the orderly use and development of properties in accordance with the City’s Zoning Bylaw to reflect community objectives and policies in the Municipal Development Plan.
The responsibilities of the Development Services group include:
- Administering and amending the Zoning Bylaw No. 24 – 2014.
- Creating and reviewing the City of Swift Current’s concept plans for future growth and redevelopment.
- Reviewing and issuing development permits and sign permits.
- Preparing reports for consideration by City Council pertaining to rezoning, discretionary use, and condominium conversion applications.
- Reviewing and approving subdivision applications.
- Consulting the public in conjunction with all development activities where required.
- Representing the City of Swift Current at the Development Appeals Board.
- Providing planning advice to all individuals, businesses, and associations considering development proposals.
For information regarding permits, please refer to the Permitting and Licencing section.