The City Clerk for the City of Swift Current is Jackie Schlamp, who is appointed by City Council and is part of the Administrative Team.
She is responsible for administering the City’s legislative obligations in accordance with The Cities Act and other legislation.
The primary duties of the City Clerk are as follows:
- Preparing and distributing agendas for City Council meetings; recording the deliberations of the City Council and transmitting to all concerned parties the results of these deliberations.
- Entrusted with maintaining, processing and recording all proceedings and other records of the City Council and the City to include Minutes, Bylaws, Agreements and Contracts.
- Public administrative support services to Councillors.
- Advises Council of its legislative responsibilities.
- Serves as the City’s Returning Officer for Municipal Elections as well as the Associate Returning Officer for the School Board Elections. Elections are held every four years; however, an election could be held at any other time in order to fill a vacancy caused by resignation, etc. or to vote on a bylaw as a result of a petition from electors.
- Communication link between the general public, City Administration and City Council.
- One of the Signing Officers for the City of Swift Current.
- Provides legislative and procedural research and information to Council, City Departments and the public regarding hearings, petitions and provincial statues relating to Municipal Government.
- Provides Public Notice as required.
- Administers the Oaths of Office for City Council and maintains custody of the City’s corporate seal.
- Provides support to various Boards and Committees.
Participate in Local Government...Apply for City Boards and Committees: Read the 2018 Board Booklet here.
Click here to view the City of Swift Current's updated Proclamation & Flag Raising Policy.
Public Notice is hereby given that the Council for the City of Swift Current will consider a special tax for 2020 in relation to the long-term care facility.
This matter will be considered at the regular Council meeting on the 20th day of April, 2020 in the City Hall Council Chambers at 6:30 p.m. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Kathy Hopfner, General Manager of Corporate Services at City Hall.
Issued at Swift Current, Saskatchewan this 2nd day of April, 2020.
If you require further information, please contact the City Clerk through one of the following: