Multi-Material Recycle Depot
The City's Recycling Depot is provided for residents of the City of Swift Current, and is included in your utility bill's Solid Waste Fees. The Depot is a fully-monitored site located at 1101 N. Railway St. W.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Saturday from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. Closed on all Statutory Holidays and Easter Monday.
Materials accepted at the depot include:
- Tin Cans (rinsed, labels removed & flattened)
- Clear Glass (cleaned, no lids)
- Newspaper, Office Paper
- Telephone Books (remove cover and all glossy pages)
- Box Board andCorrugated Cardboard
- Plastics (separated into #2 plastic containers, #1, #3, #4, #5, #7's plastics); plastics must be cleaned with caps removed; #2 plastics must be sorted into clear or coloured. (Please note, clean milk jugs can be taken to SARCAN for refund)
- Plastic Films which includes plastic bags and plastic sheets
- Dry Cell (non-recyclable) batteries
- Wet Cell (non-recyclable) batteries (including car batteries)
- Cereal boxes, non perishable food boxes (considered boxboard, deposit with paper)
Note the following materials that ARE NOT accepted at the depot:
- used tissues or paper towels of any kind
- soiled cardboard (this includes used pizza boxes/food containers or coffee cups because they are contaminated)
- glossy paper
- plastic #6
- hard plastics without a number
- or other listed items at the depot.
Materials from the Recycle Depot are weighed prior to compacting and shipping at the landfill weigh scale before being trucked to the Triways yard. These recyclable materials are not going into the landfill.