2015 Capital Projects...
Last year was an impressive year by any measure, and our list of accomplishments is long. Here is a short sampling of some of our 2015 project highlights:
- Elevator installed at the Credit Union i-Plex enhances accessibility
- Intersection improvement at Central Ave North / North Service Road
- Phase I water & sewer service to West End Commercial area
- 1.5 km of roads resurfaced and 1.3 km of sidewalks replaced
- All pedestrian bridge decks have been replaced
- Water main service to Semiarid Prairie Agricultural Research Centre (SPARC) completed
- Magnus Newland Arena completed at Kinetic Park
- Completion of accessibility upgrades at ACT Park
- Continued development of property in Saskatchewan Valley
- Storm drain upgrade on North Railway between 3rd Ave West and 5th Ave West
2016 Capital Projects...
We have a significant list of projects planned for 2016. All of our projects are carefully considered and weighed against the needs of the community.
Whether the task at hand is geared towards enhancing the safety of our motorists and pedestrians or towards generating revenue to sustain our parks and facilities, all of our plans are put in place for a community worth investing in:
- 2nd Avenue Overpass refurbishing
- Memorial Drive South connector project expected to begin
- Kinetic Park Campground upgrades to be completed
- Paving 1.4 km of streets and 1.8 km of sidewalks and curbs
- Up-sizing of water distribution and storm drainage along Robert Street
- Installing services to expand Munro Industrial Park to replace sold out inventory
- Phase II water & sewer service to West End Commercial area
- Atrium and kitchen upgrades at i-Plex to accommodate larger events
- North Hill Drive sanitary main upgrade
On our Capital Budget...
On the Capital Expenditure side of the budget, our emphasis in 2016 is on protecting the investments we make in order to provide essential services to the community.
A balance must exist between what we spend to maintain and renew existing infrastructure and the cost of new infrastructure that enables us to grow and generate the revenue necessary to sustain both. A modest adjustment of 2.37% will allow us to meet this balance in 2016.
Investing in Growth:
Investing in Renewal:
Investing in Renewal:
Click below to view our: