Help provide immediate support for agencies that work with Swift Current & Southwest Saskatchewan’s most vulnerable. Your donation will go directly to front line community agencies that are supporting populations that are particularly vulnerable as a result of COVID-19. Everyone has an important role to play. Support the COVID-19 Community Response Fund.
Through collaboration with Provincial, Municipal, Corporate, Community and Health Agencies, we are able to identify the specific needs within our community and region. This is not a sprint, this is a marathon. We know the community needs will continue to evolve in the coming months, as many of our businesses and community non-profits have had to cut their budgets significantly. As we look at the best ways to support our community, we are emphasizing the sustainability of our community agencies and their vital services, as well as their volunteer capacity.
COVID-19 is having far-reaching impact across our region. For those able, the Fund will make it easy for people to give what they can. The fund will also make it easy for a range of agencies to get the support they need to care for community members. Donations raised through this fund will be allocated based on the priority needs identified by Swift Current’s COVID-19 Community Response Team. Together, we can keep our community strong.
As the situation evolves, so too will the needs in the community. United Way & The City of Swift Current, along with our other Community Partners, will be in ongoing discussions to identify how best to respond. Together, as a local collective, we will report back on impact.
We know that when we work together, we can make a difference.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR COMMUNITY RESPONSE FUNDING.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT NEW HORIZON SENIOR FUNDING. (Applications closed)
NEW! EMERGENCY COMMUNITY SUPPORT FUND:
- Call for applications closes on June 12, 2020.
- Apply for a project up to $20,000.00 for Swift Current and Area.
- Local assessment committees review May 28 – July 3, 2020.
- Funding decisions finalized and communicated by July 10, 2020.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR EMERGENCY COMMUNITY SUPPORT FUNDING.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION, INCLUDING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA.
When you give to the COVID-19 Community Response Fund, you will help provide:
- Basic Needs: Ensure people have access to life’s essentials, such as food.
- Help for seniors: Ensure that while vulnerable people are isolated, they are also supported.
- Community services: Ensure that community partners can continue to do their vital local work.
- Mental health support: Enable crisis lines and system navigation services.
- Support for volunteers: There are amazing people rallying to support others. They need our help too.
As the situation evolves, United Way & The City of Swift Current will work with our community partners to adapt.
Click here to read Frequently Asked Question about the Community Response Fund.