How can I check if someone is Youth Certified?
Ultimately, it is up to you to decide if you are comfortable leaving your child under the supervision of any coach or activity leader. Confirming whether or not someone is Youth Certified is easy...
- Ask to see their Youth Certified ID Card, and check the expiry date.
- Ask them for an additional piece of Photo ID to confirm their identity.
- When in doubt, check with the organization the individual represents.
Background check considerations...
Each situation is unique, but keep this in mind…
- On occasion, VSCs are returned incomplete, but this doesn’t mean you can’t become Youth Certified. Occasionally a VSC will require further investigation as a result of a similar or identical date of birth. When this occurs, fingerprints are required to prove identity. The results of fingerprinting and the confirmation of identity, will determine whether an individual may be Youth Certified.
- Some criminal offences are subject to review by the Youth Certified Committee to determine if you will be eligible to become Youth Certified.
- Certain criminal offences will automatically deem you ineligible for Youth Certification. These offenses include, but are not limited to...
• Sexual assault, interference and/or exploitation
• Child pornography
• Child or spousal abuse
• Luring a child
For full details, please visit our CRC Review page.